Learn From Home Elm
An Elm class video tutorial page with worksheets is available at: https://barrow1618school.co.uk/learning-from-home-video-elm
Remote education e-safety tips for Parents/Carers can be found here
- Please ensure that your child reads either their school book or should they complete it, a book of their choice for 20 minutes. I understand that parents/carers may not have the time to listen to their child every day and so even if your child reads to their self, this would really benefit them. Make use of your reading at home chart so that on your child's return to school, they can redeem lots of extra Dojo points! Inside your child's learning from home pack you will find a list of question types to ask your child about their book.
- This website contains some brilliant phonics/reading activities to help your child to learn to read. It is ideal for children who are still learning their speed sounds: https://www.starfall.com/h/ltr-classic/
- Writing ideas/prompts:
- Write a letter to someone that you haven't seen for a while and ask a grown if you could send it to them either in the post or via email.
- Find out some facts about your favourite animal and create a fact file.
- Help a grown-up to write a shopping list.
- If you could meet a famous person, who would you choose to meet and why?
- Write about what it would be like if you had an elephant as a pet.
- What do you want to be when you grow up and why?
- Year 1 children, practise these spellings please: Spelling List
- Year 2 children, practise these spellings please: Spelling List
To access some daily maths exercises, open this Powerpoint presentation file: Daily Maths Exercises (You can complete them on the computer, print them off or copy them down on some paper).
- If you're able to access Mathletics and Times Table Rockstars (for which your child has a login that can be found in their reading record) please make use of these education sites. They allow your child to practise a wide range of mathematical skills in a fun way. Either download the apps or use the following links to access their websites:
- Mathletics: https://login.mathletics.com/
- TT Rockstars: https://ttrockstars.com/
- You can access a range of maths games using this link: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Search.aspx?Subject=16&AgeGroup=2
Is your child feeling stressed/anxious? Follow this link for some great calming activity ideas: https://www.childline.org.uk/toolbox/calm-zone/
This half term, our topic is 'The Great Fire of London'.
We will be learning all about the Great Fire of London including when it happened, the key individuals involved and what implications it had.
- We are learning about the human body.
- Our key question... 'Why does Easter matter to Christians?'
- Joe Wicks's P.E lessons: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBodyCoachTV/videos
Mrs Adams reads 'Old Bear' Part 1
Mrs Adams reads 'Old Bear' Part 2
Work of the Week!
Zac wrote this poem about Chinese New Year. I loved the detail in this poem and the lovely range of adjectives that he used.