Learn From Home Elm
An Elm class video tutorial page with worksheets is available at: https://barrow1618school.co.uk/learning-from-home-video-elm
- Please ensure that your child reads either their school book or should they complete it, a book of their choice for 20 minutes. I understand that parents/carers may not have the time to listen to their child every day and so even if your child reads to their self, this would really benefit them. Make use of your reading at home chart so that on your child's return to school, they can redeem lots of extra Dojo points! Inside your child's learning from home pack you will find a list of question types to ask your child about their book.
- This website contains some brilliant phonics/reading activities to help your child to learn to read. It is ideal for children who are still learning their speed sounds: https://www.starfall.com/h/ltr-classic/
- Writing prompts:
- If you were a super hero, what would your super power be and why?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
- If your favourite toy came to life, what do you think it would get up to?
- If your pet could talk, what would it say?
- Write about the best day out you ever had.
- If you were a head teacher, what changes to school would you make?
- Year 1 children, practise these spellings please: Spelling List
- Year 2 children, practise these spellings please: Spelling List
To access some daily maths exercises, open this Powerpoint presentation file: Daily Maths Exercises (You can complete them on the computer, print them off or copy them down in your home learning book).
- If you're able to access Mathletics and Times Table Rockstars (for which your child has a login that can be found in their reading record) please make use of these education sites. They allow your child to practise a wide range of mathematical skills in a fun way. Either download the apps or use the following links to access their websites:
- Mathletics: https://login.mathletics.com/
- TT Rockstars: https://ttrockstars.com/
- You can access a range of maths games using this link: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Search.aspx?Subject=16&AgeGroup=2
This half term, our topic is 'Materials'.
- Write a prayer for somebody. Perhaps you could write a letter for someone who is feeling a bit gloomy or for someone who is feeling poorly?
- Design your own workout for a family member or friend. Make sure you test it out!
This half term, our topic is ‘Polar Regions’.