Learn From Home Yew
Following school closure due to the Coronavirus we are asking you to please support your child to complete the following activities:
- Reading RWI book and Fairy Tale Book
- Reading other books from home
- Complete RWInc activities and questions
- When these books have been read please discuss them with your child and ask them questions based on the story
- Practise letter writing using whiteboards in their book bag- Use phrases to help
- Practise capital letters and lower case letters
- Encourage independent letter writing
- Practising green and/ or red words
- Practising speed sounds and complex speed sound chart
- Writing sentences using simple words. Encourage finger spaces, capital letters and full stops
- Make a word bank of words containing a specific phoneme for example sh: shop, sheep, should
- Write 5 friends names
- Write a story about a pet or a pet they have wished for
- Write a poem about the weather, an animal or a plant. Can rhyming words be added?
- Draw a picture and write 10 words to describe it
- Find objects around the home that begin with the same letter for example focusing on the letter s: soap, sugar, salt, sofa
- Practise counting numbers, counting objects, ordering numbers to 20 and beyond if they are confident with this
- Find household objects and identify the different shapes of them/ within them- For example a tissue box is the shape of a cube and has squares within it or a football is the shape of a sphere, 2D shapes- Square, triangle, rectangle, circle, pentagon and hexagon, 3D shapes- Cone, sphere, cuboid, cube, pyramid, cylinder
- Measurements- Height, length, weight of different objects around the home
- Follow different cooking recipes - Including following a play dough recipe
- Look at changes in the immediate environment for example garden and the weather
- Recognise different money values using real money. Look at the size, shape, colour and value
- Make price tags for different objects in the home. Make some play money and use it to pretend to buy the different objects
- Use scissors to cut out a magazine to make a jigsaw
Sharing the story 'We're Going On A Bear Hunt'. Discuss prepositions such as ‘under’, 'over' 'through' as well as others such as ‘ontop’, ‘behind’ by carrying out an action or selecting correct picture:
Listen to some Poems, then be inspired to make your own:
Please practise these little and often to ensure your child remains focused and the information is kept fresh in their minds.
Miss Ellis and Mrs Preston
Work Of The Week
Friday 3rd April 2020
We have been extremely impressed by all of the Children's super hard work, it has been really lovely to see.
This week the award goes to Toby and Briar-Rose (and their home educators!) for working tirelessly on a huge amount of home-school learning.
This award will be given to our next star learners who has employed their Barrow Values and done their very best to improve. It’s not always about quantity remember, what it is always about is hard work and effort!
Well done Toby and Briar-Rose