Welcome to Oak Class' page. Scroll down to see what we have been up to lately and for ideas of what you can do at home to help your learning.
It's the summer holidays!
Oak Class - I hope you have a lovely summer and a well deserved rest. On this page are some activities that you may wish to do to keep your minds working! See you in September :)
Oak Class Summer Reading Challenge! How many different kinds of books can you read this summer? Click here for the challenge!
Make your own 'Readopoly' game - which is like Monopoly, great to play with your family.
- Fill in the coloured board spaces with the titles of books your child has read (and maybe a few they haven’t!)
- Grab some dice and start rolling (youngest player starts)
- If you roll an odd number, choose a challenge card and answer the question about the book you’ve landed on. If you haven’t read it yet/don’t know the answer, time to pick up that book!
- If you roll an even number choose a chance card and complete the action, either with the book you’ve landed on or another book of your choice.
- The first player to make it all the way around the board (and complete all chance and challenge cards given to them) wins the game and gets our fab certificate
Practise the Year 5/6 spellings with these word searches - click here
Mathletics - lots of activities and problem solving tasks
TT Rockstars - do you know your times tables at speed?
15 for 15 Arithmetic - practise your arithmetic skills with these one-page 15 minute activities. How many can you get?
- A questions, A answers
- B questions, B answers
- C questions, C answers
- D questions, D answers
- E questions, E answers
- F questions, F answers
Feel like some code breaking? Can you solve the emoji code? -click here
Every term pupils in Oak Class have a honeycomb of spellings to learn in preparation for our spelling bee. Click on the links to download current honeycombs:
Times Table Bee
Every term pupils in Oak Class have a honeycomb of times tables to learn in preparation for our Times Table bee. Click on the links to download current honeycombs:
Summer themed colouring - click here
Our next topic is chocolate - Here are some things you could do about chocolate:
- Write a poem about chocolate
- Make your own chocolate bar
- Design a new chocolate bar wrapper
- Make a chocolate superhero and make a film about them